My best friend bought tickets for my little guy to go see Disney Princesses on Ice yesterday and I tagged along because I didn't want to miss the excitement in my boys face. He is almost 4 and he loves princesses, his favoraite is Ariel, he says she is beautiful and her singing is beautiful too. We kept it a secret from him until she got to our house so we could leave, when she told him where we were going he got so excited there was a tremble in his voice and he ran around the house yelling I'm going to see the princesses. Once we were there he got his treats, and looked around in wonder at everything and all the little girls in their princess dresses. We headed for the stadium to our seats and he froze at the entrance to our section, I don't want to go in there mommy. WHAT!!! why not sweetheart? I asked him calmly, "because I don't want to see Ursula the mean octopus." Oh dear, I guess I made a mistake trying to prepare him alittle by telling him that she would be in the show. I walked with him a little bit and finally convinced him is was okay to go in. Once the show started he covered his ears and closed his eyes and clung to my best friend and then me for about the first half hour of the show until Ursula and all the scary people were gone. He finally opened his eyes for Snowhite and the dwarfs, and he was mesmerized for the rest of the show. It was a great time and most of all Joel loved seeing his beloved princesses for real!!

My best friend with Joel

Me and Joel





No comments:
Post a Comment