Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 78

Sea Shells

I LOVE the beach, everything about the beach. I should live somewhere tropical, but alas I live here, where the snow falls, the leaves fall, the rain falls and for a few months every year I can enjoy the beach. My son is following in my footsteps, he too loves the beach and he especially love collecting "treasures" from the beach. He has a jar in his room that has many rocks, shells, and even some glass that he has collected from the beach in the few years he has been going. We have some very special shells and starfish that we collected/purchased in Florida a couple years back. Today I pulled them out as I do every spring to decorate some area of my home for the warm months. It was fitting to pull them out today, because my in-laws were coming for dinner and they just got back from Florida, so I put them in a hurricane with a sunset coloured candle to bring summer into our kitchen. Oh and guess what Nana and Papa brought back for Joel.......more sea shells. He was just as excited about the shells as he was the toys he got from them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment