I was outside this morning letting out the dog for her morning "run" in the yard and I heard amoungst the birds chirping, the distinct sound of a woodpecker. I looked up not expecting to see it too close to me, but low and behold right above my head in my big beautiful tree, there it was. A tiny little woodpecker shaping a perfect circle out of the big branch. I had never seen such a thing. Let me share a few pics that I was able to snap.


In the afternoon my sister in law and I met at Chapters with the kids. I hadn't been since they renovated the kids area and I was pleasantly surprised! The kids had a blast.
Joel loved this sock monkey Jack in the Box. I'll have to secretly go and pick it up as a surprise for him sometime soon.
I wanted to bring this big colourful teacup home with me! I think it would look fabulous in the playroom.

My nephew loves his whale books!
We quickly went into the pet store and I managed to snap a quick picture or 2 before the very nice sales lady told me I couldn't take pics in the store....oops!!
Great shots! I love the tea cup pics. Such pretty colours!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, stunning pics! How wonderful that you were able to capture him while he was still there. We have a couple of cardinals that visit our tree daily but I can never seem to find the camera in time to catch them.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun day!
It was a fun day!!!
ReplyDelete